Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Happy 4th of July!

I love three day weekends.  I love them even more now that Greg and I BOTH get to be home together, and I don't have to work work work. :-)  We had a rather lazy weekend... a little work (Greg), a little studying (me), a little exercise (both of us), and a lot of hanging out on our comfy couches cuddling with Lilly and watching movies.  It was lovely.


Lilly loves her baths, but usually I give her baths when Greg is at work.  Since he was home during the day, he got to watch and help!  He decided to take photos :-)  I think this is the first bath we've documented since her very first bath a few days after we brought her home.  She really seems to enjoy the water, although I keep her baths short because I am afraid of her getting cold.  I can't wait till she starts kicking and playing in the water!


 We added the hanging toys for this bath since she is starting to pay attention to toys.

 I'm just in love with this little face!
I just adore her.


2 months old!!!  Greg takes a photo (or a hundred) each month with her cute bunny on the same black background so we can watch her grow!

Later in the day, we went to my parents' house for a fourth of July party with some of our family friends.  It was fun!  Emily and Elisabeth got to have a little quality time with their niece.  The three of them were very patriotic-ly dressed :-)

Aren't they cute?

I came across this little outfit for Lilly that I couldn't pass up... I had been thinking about when I could take her swimming.  She loves baths so much that I knew she would enjoy the pool, if it was warm enough... so I couldn't resist getting this swimsuit and matching hat for her in case the 4th of July turned out to be the day for swimming!  And it was!


Lilly really seemed to enjoy the pool... she was a little tired to begin with, but just kind of relaxed in the warm water and we stayed in for several minutes.
Winnie the Pooh towel that Daddy picked out :-)

Family photos... dressed in red, white and blue for the holiday!



Chillin' with Daddy after dinner...

While we were relaxing after dinner, Lilly started cooing.  Cooing!  Neither Greg nor I had really heard her do this before.  She makes all kinds of cute noises, but this was new!  So sweet!  Of course being first time parents and completely taken with our baby girl, we grabbed the video camera.  So here is a video of us being completely impressed and enthralled with our 2 month old for doing something that millions of 2 month olds have done before her... but it's completely new and exciting to us because it's Lilly's first time.  :-)  We're probably the only ones who would ever want to watch this, but here it is anyway.  Sorry for the background noise, everyone was eating dessert and chatting.  It's a bit long, but I couldn't figure out how to edit it.  Yes, Greg and I are cooing back at her :-)


What a busy day she had!  Poor girl was exhausted after all of that.  But what a fun first 4th of July!

1 comment:

  1. Totally precious, Laura....I watched the whole thing. :) I wonder if she was feeling his voice, too, behind her head...imitating him. It never gets old. I'm just praying I get to meet her one day. :)

    ReplyDelete